2020 rearranged a lot of our plans and changed the way we meet up with friends and family. Sitting outdoors became a new normal and from space heaters, to fires, to blankets, it was so fun to watch people come up with creative ways to enjoy the outdoors even in the colder months. Here are our top 5 ways to transform your outdoor space and make your backyard your own private oasis!
1. Find a dining set that suits your space. If you’re lucky enough to have a large backyard, you can easily find a dining set, like this one from Pottery Barn. If you’re still renting, or working with a small space, try a bistro set like this one from Ikea. Just add lights and a candle, and you’re on your way to the perfect spot for a drink with a friend or a personal reading nook.
2. Add a firepit or heater. This one is essential if you want to make your space work all year long. Target and Wayfair are great affordable options to find the perfect heater to keep you and your guest warm all year.
3. Add an outdoor projector. Whether you have kids or a family that loves a good film, an outdoor film projector is a great way to get more outdoor time. Add some cozy seating, blankets, snacks and you’ve got your weekend plans covered!
4. Rework an old shed into something special. Do you have a shed or barn that’s just accumulating dust or old belongings? Transform it into something useful! Whether it’s a studio for your art or an additional living space to relax in, a bit of paint and elbow grease can go a long way!
5. Create an outdoor bar set up. Are you an entertainer at heart? Consider adding an outdoor bar or grilling station to your yard or patio! We love this one from Pottery Barn or this option from Wayfair.